RE: Tesla coil grounding and other questions

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Joe,

If you don't want to wait for Geek, I would say number
two would be the classic "Terry Cap", one of the
original forms of mmc.  You can get the caps from the
www.digikey-dot-com and the great thing is, they list the
actual amount the currently have in stock for all
their components.  They are an excellent resource for
many components, fabrication items and even test
equipment.  You will pay for the quality, so be
prepared.  Here is the info:

Panasonic ECW-H 16563JV  1600VDC 0.056uF Polypropylene
caps from DigiKey (# P10516-ND)

If you haven't read Terry's page on MMC care and
construction it is a *must*:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Also, many people have gotten other Cornell Dublier
metal/polyprop caps from other distributers and had
success...I assume you've seen this text file:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/good-bad.txt

All the part numbers you need to find a successful
alternate cap are in there.  If you are planning on
running "crazy" power levels, just scale up and abuse
away.  They tend to take it well!

-Brett
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett