fine tuning

Original poster: "Steve Zeitler" <zeitler-at-verizon-dot-net>

As it turns out, there are bigger problems to fix before I can spruce up
the tuning. We tried running this coil on the potential transformers I
mentioned earlier. It won't fire. The spark gaps (6static gaps and 2 in the
rotary) are currently set closer than usual so something is dragging down
the voltage. The "Cap" is 4 .1uf -at-30kv in series 2 on each side of the
primary giving .025uf. I suspect 1 or more is shorted. I will try to test
them individually by charging each one to 7or 8kv with a power supply to
see if they hold a charge next week.
Anyone in the Philly area on this list? contact me offlist.
<mailto:zeitler-at-verizon-dot-net>zeitler-at-verizon-dot-net
                                                Steve Z