From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 10:34 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Static gap.

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Luke,

Are you building a Gary Lau style sucker gap?  If not, then you will
find
that performance will be severely restricted with a pipe setup with only
one
gap.  You will want to break up the arc into several smaller segments as
oppposed to having one large gap.  As to airflow, most people use shop
vac
motors for the Gary Gap, whilst a muffin fan works good for the Cu pipe
gaps.  Since everyone on this list is a scrounger, I don't think that
there
is any set CFM per watt rating.  It all depends on the design of your
gap
and what is available.  You will know after you fire things up if you
have
enough airflow.

John Richardson