Re: Crazy (Expensive) Flyback! ($25.00?)

Original poster: Rob Maas <robm-at-nikhef.nl>

 >Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 >True but you won't get a clean 30kV DC out of an NST without resorting to
 >voltage doublers and other space-hog materials.  They are big and heavy.
 >The 30 kV flyback weighs approx 1 lb (or less) and the driver weighs approx
 >3/4 lb.
 >
 >Dr. Resonance

Hi Dr. R.,

This sounds very exciting: could you elaborate a little more about this,
e.g. what is the current rating of such a setup, and provide some info
about the driver circuit.
Perhaps this has been discussed already in the past, but that was then
before I joined this list; in that case please give me a reference.

thanks,   RM