From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, 23 February 2004 6:20 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Winding direction

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

Hi Coilers,

Just small point on something I have only just noticed on my coil.
Wondering if it makes any difference.

My primary is wound clockwise, but my secondary is wound anticlockwise.
Would this make any difference ?  I am getting some good output -
although
lot's of tweaking left to do ;)

I hadn't even thought of this during construction let alone realised it.
If
I had, my intuition would have suggested I wind them both in the same
direction.  Something keeps popping into my brain concerning phasing.

Regards
Ian