RE: Gap Question

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 24 Feb 2004, at 18:45, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > Negative resistance = As the current goes up, the voltage goes
 > down.  Opposite a resistor.  Common light bulbs have negative
 > resistance.  It "sounds" a lot more complex than it is ;-))

I hate to rain on your parade but if light bulbs did that they would
last all of a second with the national grid supplying them. They
actually have a positive tempco - as the filament warms up, its
resistance *increases* and the current through the filament drops.

Malcolm