Control Transformer?

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello,
I was recently talking to my electronics professor at the college I go to
and he mentioned that he had a couple of pole transformers that were not
being used. They looked exactly like pole transformers, but the plate on
the outside said that it was a control transformer. The plate also rated
these at only .1kVA! I highly doubt that a tranny this big would be rated
for less power than my mini coil. So does anybody here know what purpose a
control transformer does and more importantly, can it be used for tesla use?

-Chris