RE: seemingly non-existant diode

Original poster: "Philip Chalk" <phil-at-apsecurity-dot-com.au>

H18, Jim, all,

Sounds about right to me, Jim.  My first thought was that the 2264 was a
date-code, but not in that package. 1200V, 10A seems about right.

If the part pictured is 'good' (still working), it's fairly easy to
determine if it's a rectifier or a zener, then guess at likely ratings
etc.

Btw, I recently needed an obscure old Motorola transistor for the
electronic ignition in an old Ferrari. (I get all the weird
'love-jobs'). It was an Aus$4000 box to replace, needed a $13
transistor..  Motorola were no help, & don't make it any more, On Semi
did (Same no. different suffix, different package, but good enough)

They were around US$13 ea. But I only had to tell a small white lie
about this new development project I was looking into & they sent me 10
samples - FREE - drop-shipped from Taiwan, & in my mailbox about 1 week
after my email enquiry.  Very Nice Guys, On Semi.

Cheers,

Phil Chalk.