Commercial pulse caps that died in Tesla coil

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

Christopher Boden wrote:

"I have a collection of over 50 Maxwell and other brands of commercial pulse
caps. They all have 2 things in common.
They're all from coiling use. And they're ALL DEAD".

Christopher -
Since you currently have a collection of "over 50" commercial pulse
capacitors that have actually failed in Tesla coil service, please post a
listing of the capacitor manufacturers, model numbers, and
capacitance/voltage ratings. This is clearly the largest single group of
commercial pulse capacitors ever gathered in one place that have actually
failed during use in Tesla coil applications.

Even though we won't know the operating conditions that the capacitors were
subjected to at the time of failure, just knowing the makes and models of
capacitors that failed will be very useful. Also, now that the Geek Group
has access to a digital camera, posting a photograph of this extensive
collection of "over 50" failed capacitors will be a very interesting to all
coilers who shop for used pulse capacitors. How many of these died without
any external evidence of failure, how many had cases that were ruptured or
split, etc, etc. We hear so many unsubstantiated "urban legends" about
exploding capacitors, sheets of flaming oil, etc, etc that your observations
on actual failed specimens will prove very enlightening.

Can you oblige the group by providing this information?

Regards,
Scott Hanson