Re: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Brett,
 >
 > This will be very interesting!!  I have long thought
 > that the multigaps
 > tends to burn off less power so the coils are more
 > efficient.  They also
 > quench better.  Looking forward to what your
 > experiments find!
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry

Great!  I'm glad to know you are interested.  The glue
was nice and cured by this afternoon, so I did some
preliminary test firings.  It wouldn't fire tapped at
20 pipes, so I had to reduce it by 4 or 5 and it fired
at an 80% variac setting or so.  Amazing performance
with what looked like 4 footers or larger leaping out
into free space.

I plan on writing a text file with detailed specs,
exact variac settings, and even VA comparisons if I
can borrow an amp clamp from one of the hams around
here.  And I still have yet to drag out the TEK and
set up an antenna.  I will certainly keep you and Luke
(and whoever else is interested) posted.  Plus I plan
on making gap measurements available as well.  Someone
remind me, if I forget that.  I'll try to find time to
make a section on my hot-streamer page documenting
this experiment.

-Brett