"Calculus for Coilers" [was: Res cap size charge]

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

Dr R. wrote:
 > Calculus for Electronics by Melvino is very good.
Sadly unavailable.  Amazon has this listed, but only through their
Marketplace (2nd hand).  For some reason, such items are not available to
non-US customers.

Phil Chalk wrote:
>I have a book named 'Calculus made easy' by Silvanus P. Thompson (3rd
>edition, St Martin's Press, New York) Think I got it from Amazon.
--snip--
>I would recommend it to anyone - especially the mathematically
>challenged :-)
Hoorah!  Still in print!  Amazon lists it and it has some of the most
glowing reader reviews.  And for only fifteen bucks (US) with Amazon's
discount.

Amazon listing here:
<http://www.amazon-dot-com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312185480/>

One of the reader reviews states:
"While this 'method' of explaining calculus has been superseeded by the
'limit theory' one, it is often more useful for those who are not going to
major in maths (like engineers)."

...so I suppose that it puts it into our bracket ;-)

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith