Re: sg v tube coils

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/22/04 7:43:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Bob,

For SG coils I use :

   spark length (inches) = 1.7*sqrt input power (watts)

For tube coils I use :

   spark length (inches) = 0.5*sqrt input power (watts)

So that's not all that bad for the tube coils considering...

I'm not sure if the very low frequencies actually help much.
I never tried a lower frequency than 100kHz.

John