Re: Current Limiting

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

yesss   the question of the century...  ;)

inductive is the way to go    resistive reduces the available voltage to
the hi volt transformer BIG TIME and produces excessive amounts of heat (
like using stove or heater elements   kilowatts of wasted energy)
find yourself the biggest transformer possible ( core wise) and wind on to
it 1 wind per input voltage with at least a #6 solid copper wire ( good to
60 A    its been tested and works)....   as far as throwing the power
factor off, you need to reduce the power somewhere...  either you use an
excessive amount of power throttled via the resistors or you throw off the
power factor using  inductors...    your choice  create alot of heat using
resitive control or lose power with the
inductor...   ( alot less heat to deal with)

I have tried both and I luv my inductive method ...

yes the power factor goes to nil  but I dont have to bury multiple heater (
resistive) units in a 35 gallon container of water...

Scot D