Re: Component Salvage - the TV Set

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Matthew: I strip old TV and computer monitors all the time. The picture tube
is a dangerous problem if you do not break the vacuum seal in the center of
base of the tube socket. I just use a small phillips screwdriver and tap it
with a heavy tool or pliers to snap off the seal and let it fill with air.
It then is just an old piece of glass to break and throw away like any other
broken glass. But rember all broken glass is sharp so be careful and don't
get cut.
    Robert   H