RE: 1st Tesla Coil WONT LIGHT HELP PLEASE!

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Good advice, just one minor point, it's *kilo* volts.

p pico  10^-12
n nano  10^-9
µ micro 10^-6
m mili  10^-3
k kilo  10^3
M mega  10^6
G giga  10^9
T tetra 10^12

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

I really suggest you move to glass bottles, I have been experimenting
with
glass saltwater caps recently, and the glass seems to be a much better
option. I have had 10kilavolts puncture some cheap plastic bottles even
when
not immersed in a liquid. You might find some very large cheap bottles
at
the store and just buy them, empty the liquid and use them. I scrounged
"Community dumps"(read: wilderness areas with household trash dumped in
them) to get some glass bottles for the capacitors I am making.