flashover repair ?

Original poster: biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca

I know this has been covered before but,

Last week I was running my SSTC at full 140VAC input and I flashed over my
coils.  I didn't see it happen, it was directly behind the coils so it
burned in pretty good before I smelled smoke.

The secondary I'm hoping to fix.  Have other people had success doing this?

My secondary was coated with 13 layers of polyuthethane.  I was able to
sand away the large burnt area (1 1/2 * 1/2 inch) but I'm not sure if I got
all of it.  There is a  heat patterns in the poly, maybe the poly is
damaged beyond hope, I can see rings in it around the flashover aread.
What should I do?

Any suggestions?    so far I've done some sanding.

Shaun Epp