Re: first light, back in December

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Cool website and photos! I am guessing that the photo of you next to the
coil is a double exposure, right? Or were you actually that close to the
coil when it was running? I have done a couple of pictures with me in front
of my coil while it is running, and it is pretty scary to turn your back to
the thing when it's that close. Keep in mind I'm only running 1080VA but
still I wouldn't want to be hit from behind... it would make for an amusing
photo though. =D

Original poster: dgoodfellow-at-highstream-dot-net

Bear with me guys, I only just figured out all this website uploading
stuff!! Anyway, my first Tesla website has been established, and as of this
writing, it is less than an hour old. It describes the first firing of the
latest coil that I put together, last December. It is powered by a 19,000
volt 4.2kva GE transformer. I have a simple rotary gap made from angle
brackets and a sewing machine motor. The topload is one from the bulk
purchase last year. I will try to update the website in the coming months,
but don't expect much more than a photo album. I appreciate all the work
that many of the members have put into their websites like Richie Burnett,
Laushaus, Srward, and John Freau, just to name a few. The information that
so many have published on the web has enhanced this hobby far ! more than
bookstore literature could ever do. Thanks to all!!
Cheers, Dave Goodfellow
Coiling near Tampa, FL

http://www.wholelifeflorida-dot-com/tesla.htm

-Chris