Re: Component Recycling: Database required?

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hydrogen18 wrote:
>So what are we talking about here, some sort of public database where we
>could contribute information about specific parts which may no longer have
>spec sheets available from the manufacturers?

Matthew replies:

Not exactly.  If you watch this list, you will see a lot of "I have found
an xyz, is it any good for coiling?"

The idea of this database is that those of us who have discovered and used
scrapped equipment can share what we have learnt: where to find them,
what's worth getting out, disassembly tips, hazards that may be
encountered, etc.

Cheers

Matthew Smith