From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:11 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Over Saturation?

Original poster: "gtyler" <gtyler-at-drummond-dot-org.za>

Not too much of a reflection on you, any people involved in electronic
design don't understand this one either! Often people ask "how much can
I load it before it will will saturate?" or something similar, but
increasing the load actually moves a transformer further from
saturation. Increasing the supply voltage or reducing the frequency
causes saturation as it is the volt-second product that is the critical
issue.

The formula n/v =1/ 4.44BFA tells you what the flux density is.(B)

F= frequecy
a= Area of the core in Metres
n/v = turns per volt

George Tyler