Re: Maximum voltage gain in a Tesla coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
 >
 > Interesting work!
 > In your last example at the bottom, are you placing a lower limit on
 > efficiency for the optimizations?

No. The program just tries to obtain the maximum that it can.
I am defining efficiency in this case as the ratio:
(C2*Vc2max^2)/(C1*Vc1max^2)
This measures how much of the starting energy ends in C2 when Vc2
is maximum.

I will work a bit more in the program, trying to make it more stable.
I will then make it available in my site.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz