RE: Racing sparks

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Bart, I've already removed an inner turn, this solved the problem of primary
to secondary arcing, but I do not want to do it again, it was quite a chore.

JAVATC predicts that raising the secondary about 30mm will have the same
effect on coupling as flattening the primary, so I'm going to try that first
(new k=0.13).

I thought "Increasing the proximity between coils" would increase the
coupling? Did you mean decrease?

Thanks for your help,

Tom L.

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Tom,

0.17 is quite high on a 2-coil system. Increasing the proximity between
coils is my preference. Because you have a lock-in setup for the
secondary,
an alternative to increase the proximity between coils is to remove 1
turn
on the ID of the primary.

Take care,
Bart