Re: SSTC bridge driver SNUBBER circuits

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

With all this talk about ringing on the gate . . . The first thing you need
to understand is, that if the ringing occurs well above the turn-on point of
the gate and is under
the maximum voltage rating of the gate, there is nothing else you need to
do.  Its only when the ringing has a large enough amplitude that it swings
into a region that
either bring the MOSFET out of saturation, or exceed the maximum ratings of
the gate, that a snubber circuit is necessary.

Dan