Re: High voltage standing waves with a magnetron?

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

IIRC...   you need to have the voltage and amperage at a specific value for
the magnetron to work...the filament runs on AC 3 or so volts at umteen
amps ( so no hot spots will develope in any one position on the filament
coil) The filament needs to be glowing orange/yellow for electron emmision
to occur

the amperage of the hi volt side needs to be enuf to force the electron
emitted from the filament to flow in the desired direction along with the
magnet structure to get them to spin around the baffle system and get the
"elecrton cloud" to resonate in the baffle system.  If the baffle system is
changed in size you get a different frequency....
this may be good or bad depending on which bipolor molecule you are trying
to "resonate".   ( I think h2o resonates "spins" best at 2.4GHz)

as far as getting RF radation to go into a resonate rise situation is
something that I havent read about or understand.... I have been under the
impression that once a source of RF has been emitted from its
"antenna"    its on it own and cant be resonated any higher than the
present emitted power...

Scot D