Re: TC Question and Discharge Safety - Lightning from Fingers

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 >  > This is similar to what Jeff Parisse is doing at KVA Effects in
 > California.
 >  > The link below is there great demonstration video showing huge tesla
 > coils,
 >  > and many individuals doing the lightning from the
 >  > finger trick including one of the female members of GWAR.  (Big video
 >  > though - 55MB)
 >  > http://www.teslacoil-dot-com/files/power=kva_effects.mpg
 >  >
 >  > If this guy IS NOT wearing a conductive suit, then yes, he IS slowly
 >  > toasting himself to an early grave.
 >  >
 >  > Also, do not get any ideas from either of these videos.  This
experiment
 > is
 >  > extremely dangerous and performed by trained professional stuntmen.
 >  > To attempt this at home would surely win  you a Darwin Award for the
year.
 >  >
 >  > Dan

Original poster: "RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare" <mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>
 > Speaking of which, I almost got the $6,000 saved up for one of those
suits.
 > Worth it to me since it can take 30kVA+ grounded power arcs without even a
 > tingling sensation, though I don't think I'd try that within 30 feet of 60
 > hz powerlines. I'll send some pics of me testing it when I get my site up.

I'm curious to what your source is for one of those suits.  I'm sure Jeff
Parrisse wouldn't sell them to any amateur off the street.
Also, I can't wait for you to get your website up.  I want to see those
pictures of your 50kVA pole transformer powered 17 foot arc Jacob's
Ladder that caused black-outs in your neighborhood (which the power company
then discovered was you), the manhole cover shrinker, as well
as the 15kW flyback supply you were building.  Let us all know when you get
the pictures up.  Videos would be even cooler!

Thanks
Dan