Re: Getting more input power

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi Ian...

where do you live??  I noticed that you have an .au email address   (
Australia?? )   In the US, getting 3 phase to a residence ( non commercial)
is very pricey ...  anywhere from 10 - 50 thousand dollars....   I have a 3
phase line running down the block just across the street  a mere 40 feet
away and the utility Co. wants 18 thousand $ to install 3 phase to my
shop...  OUCH ...  so I just use 240 single phase ( why isnt it called dual
opposed phase since that is what it is...)  but I have the shop wired to
handle 70A...

I digress..

find out what 3 phase costs to install ...   hopefully it isnt as expensive
as it is here...

Scot D