Re: Coiling problems

Air core transformers will not operate on the 60 Hertz from your neon
transformer.  You need both a capacitor and primary coil which form a "tank
circuit" oscillator.  Along with a spark gap the oscillator will power your
Tesla air core resonance transformer to high voltages.

If you don't know what an oscillator is, I strongly suggest you get some
help before you start working with high voltages which could injure or kill
you.  If you have no experience with high voltages never work alone.

If you can contact a local ham radio operator he may be of great assistance
with your project and perhaps could suggest some good reading before you
start soldering.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.