Re: 5MV, 15/120mA Tesla Coil

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Adam,

Power and energy aren't the same, but typically when power is stated in KW,
rms power is usually implied which is calculated over a single period.
To say 3KW input power over one period yields 1700kW output over the same
period is a violation of the conservation of energy.

Usually, the correct way of saying this is that 3kW input power can produce
PEAK power levels of 1700kW.

Dan