Re: SSTC - experiments

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Gavin,

My thought on it was that the Jacob's ladder was as a secondary attachment
to the SSTC.  That would lengthen the possible antenna.  A short length,
like a discharge rod, wouldn't cause much of a problem.  But, having a
transmission line to a 4-5' ladder, might be long enough to allow efficient
radiation of a harmonic, and thereby cause a problem.  A magnifier attempt
back in 95 produced so many harmonics that it pretty much wiped out UHF,
VHF, FM, CB and AM, within about 5 miles of it.  I don't know why it stomped
on everything so well but it did make a good jammer.

David E Weiss