Classroom Projects with a TC?

Original poster: L8NOMOR-at-aol-dot-com

Greetings All

My son has an 8th grade science project coming up, and we have borrowed a
TC (6kv, 60ma nst).  We are subscribed to the E-mail list and have been
reading numerous writings about TC's.  All you coilers out there provide a
lot of very useful information. That is why we have come to you professionals.

He is wondering if there are any great projects he can do with the coil,
other than just making streamers.  We have heard of coils being used to
light a fluorescent bulb, but don't know how to go about doing it
safely.  Any other help with projects would be greatly appreciated.  He is
wanting to WOW his classmates.

And a technical safety question.  Do we need to make sure that the
capacitor circuit is completely discharged prior to touching the unit? If
so, how do we accomplish this?  The cap circuit is made from 15 panasonic
ac pulse capacitors.

Thanks in advance for all your professional help and advice.
Andrew and Garry