Re: "Green Monster" Magnifier completed

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Antonio,

I'm inclined to agree the insulation doesn't help. When L1 to L2 arcing
occurred, it spread over the entire insulation and spread out (cool look,
but obviously problematic). I installed the insulation as a precautionary
measure basically going off of past driver designs, but if there's going to
be L1 to L2 arcing, the insulation isn't going to help, it will punch right
through it. When I inspected the driver, the insulation was punctured
(small little hole). That's 1/4" of poly it easily punched through.
Adjusting k is what is required to stop arcing.

I took video today which I hope to get on the web next week. It runs sweet!
I took the opportunity in the video talk a little about the hybrid
magnifier. It's fun watching a little 4.5" coil using a large 9"x30"
topload. I was getting single streamers, so that would be nice to show
folks as well. The extra coil didn't get warm at all, but the primary was
slightly warm after an extend run.

Take care,
Bart