Re: Ideal Magnifier Model - PSPICE (Antonio?)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
 >
 > I quickly threw together an Ideal Magnifier model this morning and was
 > wondering if it looked okay.
 > In particular, I'm looking at the capacitance, C2 in this model.

The capacitances must be in parallel, not in series.

 > Should the magnifier driver also include the capacitance of the corona
 > ring on the driver coil?

Surely.

Lumped model of a "Tesla magnifier":
       k12
+----+   +----+--L3--+---o output
|    |   |    |      |
C1   L1  L2   C2     C3

C2="self-capacitance" of L2 + "self-capacitance" of L3 + "transmission
line" capacitance + other capacitances to ground at that point"
(+ guessing factor, since all this is approximate).

To simulate the energy transfer transient in Spice, add a step voltage
source in series with C1, to simulate the effect of a sudden connection
of a charged C1 to the circuit by the primary spark gap. Add resistors
in series with the inductors for something not so ideal.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz