Re: Difference between 1/2 wave and 1/4 wave resonance ? ? ?

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
 >
 > Does anyone have how to calculate from an RLC circuit, both the 1/2 wave
 > and 1/4 wave resonant frequency?

The "1/4-wave" is the fundamental, and all other modes above "1/4-wave"
are the harmonics of a multi-resonant system, but, they are
non-integer harmonics, so you'll have to resort to a more complex
model (no lumped elements approximation) of the secondary. Like in the
"Tesla Secondary Simulation Project", http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

If you know the 1/4-wave freq, 1/2-wave is more than twice that, for
example in the range 2.2..2.6 * fundamental. I'm not sure but there might
be secondaries for which it is actually lower than * 2.

cheers,
  - jfw

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering