Re: new SSSSTC works ;)

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Wow Steve.  You've really been busy lately.
Your output from this SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTC looks great.  Seems to be
a very promising topology.

Also, the video is sweet and I see you are only running it with 120VAC.  I
wonder what 240VAC will yield.  Looks like a
pretty serious SSTC!!!!

Dan

 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > awhile back i posted about trying out a new SSTC topology.  Some were
 > skeptical (and i still am a bit), but these first few tests have really
 > proven that its working.  Just how well is yet to be determined when i
wire
 > up 240VAC service.  So far ive gotten 24" sparks to the target.  The
 > bridges were cold after the short run.  The input was 140VAC at less than
 > 15A (since the 15A breaker never went).  Things are looking pretty good,
 > 240VAC input will surely be exciting.  I need a new primary coil form, my
 > cardboard one started tracking :(  Im using 19 turns on the primary
 > coil!!!  That is not normal for a SSTC making 2 foot sparks, hehe.  Also,
 > the coupling is rather low at this point.  Anyway, see the updates at:
 >
 > http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/SSSSTC.htm
 >
 > I will be updating it all the time, so if your interested check back
 > frequently.
 >
 > Some thoughts on this topology:  The actually voltage multiplication part
 > works exactly as planned.  With 40V input i was lighting up a 60W
lightbulb
 > on the output to more than full brightness (also with about 65W input
since
 > the actual ouput was about 160V).  It seems the topology functions exactly
 > as the original PDF document (linked on my site) suggested it would.
Also,