RCD's

Original poster: "Peter Reid" <peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au>

Just wondering how many other people are running medium sized (13kw) tesla
coils from circuits protected by RCD's (Earth Leakage Detectors).

I have a 30mA RCD on the circuit dedicated to my coil. I am sure that this
has saved me lots of money, as during initial testing, when ever there was
a problem with tuning the RCD would instantly trip. Now however I am
running at much higher power levels, and I am wishing there wasn't an RCD
there. It seems to trip unexpectedly.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Regards

Peter Reid

Webpage: <http://tesla.reidconsulting-dot-com.au>http://tesla.reidconsulting-dot-com.au
Email: <mailto:peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au>peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au