RE: Secondary size AND DESIGNING Coils

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

I had scanned over that a few days ago.  I stopped when I noticed the
cap size selected seems to be a resonant size for the NST.  I have been
warned that it is common knowledge that this can likely result in NST
damage.  So I discounted the credibility of the source.  Sorry.  No
offense intended there.

I went back to look at it again today.  It does make things sound very
simple but all it does is regurgitate the rules of thumb I have been
working so hard to get explanations for.  It offered no why's.

The paper is good and works well as an over view to the process and
takes some of the intimidation out of it for the beginner.  I am past
the beginner stage.  Although it is in the past I have built a couple
coils.  While they did not perform as well as some I read about here I
was happy with them at the time.

This time around I wanted a little more understanding of it all.  I did
not want to just folow everyone else's designs and rules with no concept
of why.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net