Re: MMC question

The peak potential of your 15 kV Erms xmfr = 15 kV x 1.414 = 20.2 kV so you
are already on the border line and this is the peak AC rating.

I suggest using 2.5 x Erms rating for best safety.  15 kV x 2.5 Erms = 37.5
kV DC rating.  Usually, anything over 32 kV DC rating is acceptable.

Otherwise you waste time trying to find out which cap is bad or the
performance degrades slowly and your coil starts performing poorly.  At only
$3 per cap it's always best to do it right the first time and not have
headaches later.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.