RE: xenon flash tubes as gaps Re: Zener SSTC?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

We just got a pair donated and I was thinking the same thing. They won't
arc at 10kV, but at 15kV it's a thin arc (much the same as if it were in
free air. The arc lamps are massive, and I was wondering if it would be
possible to make a silent (or much quieter) gap from one. The problem is
it's a fixed-width gap, and I haven't yet come up with how to make that work.

Ideas?

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group