From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 7:27 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: SRSG Alignment

We knew you'd finally get around to the phasing question...
Use a strobe light synchronized to the power line.
or
Adjust for best output

The challenge is coming up with a way to adjust the physical motor (or
fixed
electrode) position while running.  Threaded rods, insulated shafts,
etc,
are all possibilities.

You'd need a synchronous motor, of course.

Some have built phase locked loop drives for a DC motor (that's bold,
considering the environment)

I would start with a simple blown static gap for your size coil.
It's easy, it's cheap, it works fairly well.  Get some hunks of copper
pipe,
glue them to a substrate, and you're all set.