Re: Grounding the Secondary Coil Help please

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Nightmare" <nightmare-at-bak.rr-dot-com>
 >
 >     Hi, this is Ravi again, and i am almost done with my first TC, 7.5kV
 > 30mA, 3inX22in sec. I wanted to know some different ways to ground the
 > secondary because i couldnt find a grounding strap. Could i drill a hole at
 > the bottom of secondary and attatch  the wire with a nut and bolt? Please
 > give me some ideas, i couldnt think of any other good ways.

You can. How grounding is done is not critical at all. For my coils,
I made a base where the secondary coil can be fixed by friction:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4bld.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4br.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tefpprim.jpg
The coil wire was soldered to brass plates glued in the form at both
ends. Very practical for a quickly disassemblable system.
By the way, my "ground" is just a metal bucket as a counterpoise.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz