Re: RF CT

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 06:37 PM 21/01/04 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >
 >Weazle:
 >
 >What was the year of the ARRL Handbook and page # for the RF Demod. circuit?
 >
 >Dr. Resonance

Hi Dr.,

I've got Handbooks from the mid-1950's up to 1986, and in the four I pulled
off the shelf at random, the same circuit appeared in the chapters titled
Test Equipment & Measurements.  Try page 515 of the 1978 edition.

I put a 50 ohm resistor across the "secondary" of my CT so that I could
use RG-58 coax to run from the coil base over to my control panel where
the demodulator and VTVM are located.  Other than that, the circuit as
shown in the Handbook is what I'm using.  By the way, I had a typo in
my original post...the VTVM is set for DC volts, not AC!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle