Re: RF CT

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:52 AM 22/01/04 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 >Can you visibly see a change in 1/4 turn increments off of resonance on your
 >meter?
 >
 >Dr. Resonance

Hi Dr.,

It's been a while since I've changed my primary tap point, so you're asking
me something that I don't recall that clearly.  However, I do know that it
helped a great deal into getting the right whole turn.  As to the fractions
of a turn, you'll have to wait for spring so I can get out to my shop and
try it out...much too cold right now, and there's no heating system there!
I do use the meter to adjust the airflow on my hyperbaric gap to match the
power setting I want to run the coil at...works great for that, just dial
in the max indication and I've got the optimum quenching.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle