RE: Sources for MOTs

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > I've found
 > neon sign transformers very hard to come by in
 > sydney, so microwave oven
 > transformers will probably be the best bet for my
 > first coil. I suppose
 > just one transformer would be too low voltage to use
 > by itself

Yes, you need more than one. But now that you mention
it, I saw one successful Tesla coil based on a single
MOT. He used an elaborate voltage multiplication
circuit--but it worked! Can't recall the link right
off.

Anyhow, I've got some MOT info for newbies. My MOTs
are all 120vac/60Hz units of course, but the basics
are still the same. Have a gander sometime at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg

Cheers,

Greg

_