Re: Highest secondary to spark length ratio? (the best ones)

Hi,

I have a 3.5x18 inch coil with a 3x11 inch toroid powered with a 12KV x30ma
NST.  I was getting 22 inch streamers with occasional strikes to the primary
(measured 18 inches from the toroid).  I went to a 4x15 inch toroid and
increased the streamer to 27 inches (as the crow flys) estimated 30 inches
(as the streamer flys) and no sec to pri strikes.

Gerry R

http://www.resonanceresearch-dot-com/museum-products-electrical-optics-demonstra