another quick question

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

I think I know the answer to this already but have to ask and risk annoying
everyone with a question that shouldn't need to be asked.

If a supply transformer were rated at say 1000 watts  that would be 1000
joules per second right?
Joules is a measure of energy right?
Under absolutely perfect conditions no losses anywhere in the whole TC
circuit, say no gap losses at all and for some reason a way were found to
get the energy from the primary to the secondary with no loss whatsoever,
can there be more than 1000 joules released from the top load in one
second?  I am not talking if the supply transformer were an NST and ran at
resonance so the joules being offered were higher than rated.

Bottom line I am wondering if the assumption is correct that the amount of
energy fed in is the maximum amount of energy you could get out.  Of course
voltages might be higher or lower and currents might be higher or lower but
the actual energy would never be higher than what is being fed in to the
system even if all was a picture of perfection.

Is that a correct assumption?

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net