Re: 1st Tesla Coil WONT LIGHT HELP PLEASE!UPDATE!!!!!!

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ravi,

You're almost there, it looks like.  Tap in a turn, then check spark
length.  If less, tap out a turn (from where you started).  When you find
the optimum turn, you can fine tune within that turn to find the "sweet
spot" which yields the longest spark.  Make sure you follow all safety
techniques while tuning your tank circuit.  Disconnect the power supply and
discharge your caps before messing with the tap point.  Have fun!

PS:  If you have time to search the archives, you can find even more about
primary circuit tuning techniques.

-Brett
hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

Original poster: Brett Miller

Tune that baby!

-Brett
hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Nightmare"

ok, i closed the gap closer and now i get the gap to fire! but no streamers,
when i touch a rod to the torioid or breakout wire i get a like .5mm spark.
What now?

Ravi