SSTC problems1 (no its not a PlasmaSonic ;-))

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hi,
Today I finished my Feedback SSTC, It is based on Aaron and Justin's
feedback SSTC design, I am using a full bridge of FDH44N20 MOSFETS and a
18X 4.25" secondary wound with 30AWG.  After getting much help from Steve
Ward via email, I finnaly got to the first testing phase.  I tuned the
potentiometers right in the reigon that I saw the biggest swing on the
scope.  I had a neon bulb attatched to the breakout point, and at about 10v
input, the neon bulb striked.  I brought it up to 150v and the neon bulb
got very bright and I coul hear 60hz buzzing in the bridge.  Now I though,
well I'll reverse the primary turns.  So I reversed the primary turns, and
STILL the output was the SAME the neon bulb was lighting to the same level,
no increase and no breakout.  I am afriad my MOSFETs aren't being driven
into saturation by my gate driving circiutry.  Is there a way to test if
the MOSFETS are saturating?  Has anyone else experienced this and knows the
remedy?  Help!

Regards - Jim Mitchell