RE: SSTC Driver Output Cable Lengths (Distance from Driver to Resonator)

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Actually Shaun,

This is a good testbed.  The fact you are still getting 14 inch bushy
discharges from the toroid with 130V input and
5.5 feet of cabling to the resonator coil is good.  I would suggest
trying reducing overall wire length and seeing
if there is any noticeable improvement.  Would be a good experiment.

Thanks

Dan

Hello Dan and all,

Well I've been running my Coils 5 1/2 feet away from the Plasmasonic II
board up till now.  I was getting about 14 inch bushy discharges off the
toriod at 130 V input.  The lead length is going to change alittle
though because I need to rewind the primary for 6 1/4" dia instead of 5
1/4"

After reading your post and the first reply, I should make them closer
;-)

Shaun