RE: Line Filters...

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

A garden-variety isolation transformer provides DC and 60Hz isolation, but
the primary and secondary are wound on top of each other, so have a good
deal of capacitance between them.  There are high isolation units with very
low capacitance between the windings, but they are uncommon and probably
expensive.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Tesla list wrote:
 >Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>
</snip>
 >In the meantime, I think I will invest in a line filter to use during the
 >demonstratio! n...if nothing else, to ease the mind of the repeater
 >trustees, etc.

With a low power unit like that, I was wondering if there would be any
mileage in sticking an isolation tranformer in circuit.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy