Re: First light for my first coil today !

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ian,

Congratulations on your first light!

 > No proper toroid yet - I still have to get the
 > ducting.  For now, using a 2
 > 1/2 inch diameter foam "noodle" (those swimming
 > floaty things), that I found
 > in my parents garage, rolled into a toroid about 20
 > inches in diameter,
 > taped, and covered with aluminium foil - pretty
 > dodgy I know.

I don't think it's too dodgy, I use one of those "fun
noodles" for my Anti Corona Ring under my main toroid.
  It makes kind of a wrinkly torus, but it doesn't
bother me.  The way I see it, either you have spun
aluminum, or you don't...and I don't -- yet.
I was stand in a gas station one day, and suddenly I
noticed the noodles sitting in a bin.  Eureka!  I
purchased one...you know the rest.  See it under the
17 X 4 toroid on my 6" system:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

 > and the system tuned, I am expecting pretty good
 > things from this coil :)
 >
 > More testing tommorrow ;)

Take some video or pics...post.

 > Sorry for the long post everyone, I am just so
 > excited about today's success

Sound like you got some good stuff going!

-Brett