Re: Phase controller question.

Original poster: "gtyler" <gtyler-at-drummond-dot-org.za>

You don't actually say that you have 4 flats, but if you only have 2
that will explain everything. That is a 4 pole motor, so there is a pole
every 90 deg on the rotor. With 2 flats you insert a huge air gap in the
magnetic circuit tthus increasing the magnetising current drastically,
also causing vibration if the flats are not 100 % perfect.

George